måndag 23 juli 2012

American Wine Purchases


OK, now you are hopefully curious to know what I actually bought at Total Wine. After several visits I decided on some bottles from a favorite supplier, J. Lohr. I found half bottles of 2010 Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon, that can easily be slipped into the suitcase. I also found a rare bottle of 2009 Carol's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, which I have heard good things about.  It comes from northern Napa, in the St Helena area. Staying in Napa, the next investment was a new find that looked interesting, 2007 White Cottage Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon Risa, from Howell Mountain. It has received great reviews on Cellartracker, so I look forward to trying it. An even bigger investment was 2006 Philip Togni Cabernet Sauvignon from Spring Mountain. This wine has an excellent reputation as high quality, long-lived Napa Cab, so the plan is to forget it in the cellar for quite a few years. To round out the American collection, I also picked an Oregon wine, 2009 Argyle Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, which I have heard good things about. All wines made it home safely to Sweden, without having to pay overweight.

Inga kommentarer: